Here’s a Fact:
You’ve never tasted banana bread as delicious as my family’s famous Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – seriously! I know it might sound bold, but I promise you, every bite is better than the next. My kids and I make it every other week, and the best part is that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE (even those who claim not to like chocolate chips in their banana bread), is absolutely obsessed with it!
The History of this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This recipe has been a cherished family tradition. My grandma passed it down to my mom, who, in turn, passed it down to me. It’s tried and true, and without a doubt, the best you’ll ever have. To make my point even clearer, it’s become a favorite for many, and that’s no coincidence. My mom has been making it for my best friend, Alyse, for ages; my husband can never stop at just one bite (or one piece); and everyone we gift mini loaves to asks for the recipe. It speaks for itself!
Why This Banana Bread is Better than Others
The best part about this recipe is that not only do you NOT need an electric mixer, but you can throw all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them with your hands. There isn’t an order in which the ingredients must be mixed in, and you don’t need more than one bowl, like other chocolate chip banana bread recipes. And it still comes out 100/10 every single time. It’s fool-proof! Trust me on that!
I’m confident you’re going to love this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. It’s my absolute favorite dessert. And if you’re wondering how I can enjoy it while being gluten-free, I use Krusteaz brand gluten-free flour, which doesn’t change the taste at all. It’s my go-to; you can find it in packs of 8 on Amazon.
PS I’m sorry for using the word ‘moist’ in the title and description of this post, as I know many people have an aversion to it, but that is exactly what it is! Ha!
You Need This Super Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread in Your Life Now!
- 3 bananas – if extremely ripe using 4 may be better!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups flour Gluten-Free Tip: I use Krusteaz brand Gluten Free Flour and have found that 1 and 1/4 cup works best with this flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- chocolate chips – as much or as little as you desire
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Use non-stick spray or butter your pan or pans… you can use a traditional loaf pan, 4 mini loaf pans, a regular-sized muffin tin, OR a mini-sized muffin tin.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl.
- Add all ingredients into the bowl with the mashed bananas.
- Mix everything together really well. Then, follow the directions for #6-9 depending on what pan you choose bake the bread in.
- If using a traditional loaf pan, bake for 1 hour until the top is golden.
- If using 4 mini loaf pans, pour the batter equally into each mini loaf and bake for 30-35 minutes or until tops are golden.
- If using a traditional-sized muffin tin, pour the batter equally into each muffin space and bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- If using a mini-sized muffin tin, pour the batter equally into each mini muffin space and bake for 10-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool once out of the oven for a good half hour, then take banana bread out of pans and serve! Enjoy!!
Have School-Aged Kids?
Then you must check-out these 30 questions to ask your kids after-school to uncover their day. Because after years of teaching my own elementary-aged classroom (did you know I was a teacher for 9-years after college?) to momming my own pre-school and elementary aged kids, I recognize every child is unique, and some might be more tight-lipped than others. These purposeful and very specific critical thinking questions will get your babes to open up!
Looking for an easy weeknight dinner at home?
Try these healthy and delicious recipes perfect for busy nights: this Baked Boursin Spaghetti Squash Recipe, this Easy 2-Ingredient Pesto Skirt Steak Air Fryer Recipe That Tastes Restaurant Quality, these Yummy Boneless Sticky Chicken Thighs, or this Seriously Simple and Freaking Delicious Sushi Bake. They are all incredible and I’m not just saying that!!!
DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTA YET?
If not, what are you waiting for?? We have fun over there, and I would love to have you join our little mama community!! All it takes is 2 seconds! So, click here and hit that follow button now!
GRAB THESE FREEBIES:
100+ Easy School Lunch Box Ideas to Help You Create Healthy Lunches for Your Kids All Year in Under 5 Minutes a Day.
Dinner Table Gratitude Game.
12 Holy Grail Products That Will Make Your Life As a Mom So Much Easier.