As a mom of three kiddos who love to help me in the kitchen, I’m always on the lookout for fun and tasty treats to make those special times of year even more memorable. With Halloween in mind, I decided to get creative in the kitchen, take a recipe that I’ve been making for 10+ years, the easiest cookie sandwiches, and put a pumpkin flavored spin on it. The combination of the chocolate cookies + frozen creamy pumpkin whipped cream wrapped in more chocolate is absolutely heavenly. It’s like a bite-sized slice of pumpkin pie in a not-so-spooky cookie form.
And here’s the great part: you can make these with regular whipped cream, too! So, if you or your family don’t fancy pumpkin flavor, you don’t have to use it! You can also skip the melted chocolate and sprinkles altogether, and these cookie sandwiches will still be delicious! I can speak from experience because I’ve done that. Promise!
Oh and did I mention that they are gluten-free?? Because they sure are! (If you didn’t know, I have a gluten allergy – you can read more about that in this post: My Gluten-Free Story: Sharing My Path to a Happier and Healthier Life).
Keep reading to get the scoop on how to make these delightful pumpkin cookie sandwiches.
Pumpkin Cookie Sandwiches for a Delicious Halloween Treat
- Schar brand gluten-free chocolate dipped cookies Feel free to swap out these cookies for any of your favorite cookies!
- Favorite Day brand pumpkin whipped cream The Favorite Day brand is at Target. Feel free to swap out the pumpkin whipped cream for regular whipped cream!
- Chocolate chips, melted I like to use the Hu brand for it's super clean ingredients.
- Orange sprinkles or Halloween-colored sprinkles!
- Take two Schar gluten-free chocolate-dipped cookies. These are a lifesaver for those of us with gluten-free dietary needs, and they're even delicious on their own.
- Now, let's add that pumpkin-y goodness. Spread a generous layer of Favorite Day pumpkin whipped cream on one of the cookies.
- Gently press the second cookie on top of the whipped cream to create a cookie sandwich.
- Pop them onto a tray lined with parchment paper and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- It’s time to make these sandwiches extra special. Dip one half of the cookie sandwich into the melted chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still gooey, dip that half of the sandwich into orange or Halloween-themed sprinkles.
- To set the chocolate and firm up your sandwiches, chill them in the freezer again for about 10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is nice and firm, it’s time to serve up your Spooky Pumpkin Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches! They’re sure to be a hit with your little goblins and ghosts. YUM!!
Brody and Demi helped me make these cookie sandwiches every step of the way and then enjoyed the fruits of their labor once they were fully ready to go, as you can tell from the pic above! Ha!
Why I Love These Pumpkin Cookie Sandwiches:
Because these Pumpkin Cookie Sandwiches are super easy to make, your little monsters, uhh, I mean kids, will be the perfect sous chefs. Baking is one of my favorite activities to create special memories with my littles (yep, they’ll always be “my littles” in my eyes no matter how old they get!) and this is a fun one that’ll embrace the Halloween spirit.
I hope you love them!!!
ANTICIPATE LEFTOVER HALLOWEEN CANDY THIS YEAR?
I have a blog post for that! Here are 6 creative ways to use up that candy that you’ve probably never thought of before! You’re welcome! ;)
DO YOU FOLLOW ME ON INSTA YET?
If not, what are you waiting for?? We have fun over there, and I would love to have you join our little mama community!! All it takes is 2 seconds! So, click here and hit that follow button now!
GRAB THESE FREEBIES:
100+ Easy School Lunch Box Ideas to Help You Create Healthy Lunches for Your Kids All Year in Under 5 Minutes a Day.
Dinner Table Gratitude Game.
12 Holy Grail Products That Will Make Your Life As a Mom So Much Easier.